Connecting laptop to tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was wondering if their is an easy way to connect my laptop to my TV...my laptop has an s-video port, but my tv does not have one, is there a way to connect the two anyway? maybe with the a/v ports or cable port? thanks for any suggestions!

If your tv has a scart socket on the back then you can get an adapter that should work fine!!!!

Hey Rik,
what is a scart socket? Is this like a cable screw-on type of connector... Otherwise known as "cable ready" TV?

You must have heard of scart Tmagic650!!!! It stands for "Syndicat des Constructeurs d'Appareils Radiorécepteurs et Téléviseurs" what ever the hell that means!!!! It's a standardised connection for connecting various audio/visual electronic equipment together with!!!! If you click on the word scart it should link to a site that sells scart cables!!!!

Its a standard here in the UK and in Europe, but i have no idea if you guys in the US use it, i assumed you all did!!!!

Attached is a picture of a socket!!!

Hehe - I've only ever seen Scart when I was in Europe. That's not something you find in the US. In the US you only see Coax, Composite, S-Video, Component, DVI, and HDMI - and every once in a while firewire.

Here's a cable that might do what you want: http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...cs_id=1020704&p_id=2843&seq=1&format=2&style=
Couldn't find one that didn't do the audio portion as well - but I'm sure it must exist somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back