Connecting my tv to my computer....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to be upset with you for linking to an ebay ad that gives absolutely no details on the inputs on the tv. But then I googled and was equally frustrated with all the deal sites trying to sell me one, yet providing no information on the inputs either.

So for the generic answer: Your video cards have s-video output right? Well I'm sure the TV has S-Video input, so there you go.

Other potential answer: The tv might have HDMI in, in that case you could get a DVI to HDMI converter and use the HDMI, it will give you far better picture, and at higher resolution.

my tv is not flat screen/ hdtv that w ats im worried about and i googled it and same happened for me and i thoguth ebay mite give more detail as they was tryin to sell it but obviously not, anyways it is niot hdtv or flat screen and i dont no wat the dvi or hdmi are or mean, i have my ps2 connected to it wif a red white and yellow wire on the side, the make is samsung plano 29", umm anything else please reply thanks.

Yeh, you are going to have to use s-video. the ps2 cables that you are talking about are called component cables. They are generally used for non-hd dvd players, video game systems, and cable box's. I dont think it is possible to use component cables to hook up your tv to your computer though. S-video probably wont be very good quality, but that will be the best you are going to get.

wat are the cables i need to connect my pc to my tv and were do they go, coz i have a lead to connect to my gpu card it splits in to 4 at the end tho, and i cant find 4 holes /gaps for these to go in to, only the 3 i use for my ps2.....

Come on man, you can type better than that. It took me about 3 times longer than it should have to comprehend what you were trying to say.

You are going to need to get an S-Video cable, it is the one with the ends that look almost like a keyboard connector. You could probably use the Composite (yellow) RCA if your video card has that as an output but you'd get better quality with S-Video.

The red white and yellow are audio (red white) and video (yellow) and are called composite not component. Component is Red Green and Blue of the same type of connector (RCA), your video cards won't have that as an output option. So use S-Video.

Well I told you exactly what you need. I even went out of my way to explain the connection types.

No more help from me. You didn't even make an attempt to make a decent post. I have a whole guide in my signature that you need to read.

The red white and yellow are audio (red white) and video (yellow) and are called composite not component.

Sorry for misinforming...i was just dealing with an issue with my component cables from my hd box..had component on my mind.

Now, what is the point of posting this thread, if you have no intention of listening. You asked what cable you need, and sng told you. What is so difficult about that? Once again you need an s-video cable. Type it into froogle, and you will find it. If you cant figure that out, then,well,idk. You probably shouldnt own a computer.

twite - Its quite ok, I made the same mistake a few days ago here on TS, and I too knew the difference. It is an easy one to make.

well after searching s video cable on google i realised that u wasnt answering my question fully but i now understand... my question was in shortened terms
i got a cable with my gpu cards, it splits in to 4 ends after plugging in to my card, do the 4 ends go in to where my ps2 goes or what cable would i need to do this...(((((wat are the cables i need to connect my pc to my tv and were do they go, coz i have a lead to connect to my gpu card it splits in to 4 at the end tho, and i cant find 4 holes /gaps for these to go in to, only the 3 i use for my ps2.....
)))))
i now realise that u answered saying i wudnt need the cable i was supplied with and i wudnt have to use the ps2 slots/holes thanks for your help i will be purchasing a s-video cable soon :) and i willl let you no how i get on :)

you dont plug your ps2 into your gpu, but rather directly into your tv using the composite cables. You use the svideo cable from the splitter you are talking about to your tv.

yes i know i understand now i was just curious to why xpertvision gave me a 4 way cable splitter (that connects to my gpu card) when i can simply use a s-video cable.. thats all :)

oh, i see.

That is because not everyone only uses s-video.

They cant predict what you are going to use your card for, so they make it as convenient for you as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back