Connecting through Belkin router

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I'm new here and hope you can help me.
I purchased a Belkin wireless router F5D6234-1 a year ago. Since the beginning, my husband's laptop has been able to connect wirelessly and I have always had to connect with an ethernet cable directly. (DSL modem to router to laptop)

I was trying to figure things out again today and now I cannot connect at all unless I hardwire directly to the modem and my husband cannot connect wirelessly at all. I have tried my ISP tech support and Belkin tech support to no avail. Anyone have any ideas I can try??

Thank you.

I have tried resetting both the router and modem as well as restarting both computers. I have not tried to update Firmware as I am getting Page Cannot be Displayed when I try to log on to the IP site.

I do not have the cd that came with the router. How do I reinstall? Do I need to download drivers? Also, how do I enable WPA? Thanks!

svincent said:
Hi everyone. I'm new here and hope you can help me.
I purchased a Belkin wireless router F5D6234-1 a year ago. Since the beginning, my husband's laptop has been able to connect wirelessly and I have always had to connect with an ethernet cable directly. (DSL modem to router to laptop)

I was trying to figure things out again today and now I cannot connect at all unless I hardwire directly to the modem and my husband cannot connect wirelessly at all. I have tried my ISP tech support and Belkin tech support to no avail. Anyone have any ideas I can try??

Thank you.

Open your browser (IE)
type: http://192.168.1.0 or http://192.168.2.0
Next type: admin pwd: admin or blank

This is how you get into the Web Admin for the Belkin Router. When you get in it should say if it's connected or not to the internet. Most likely you're not getting connected due to a packet error, DNS error or DHCP problem. Belkin Routers have problems there. The only way to fix this problem is to:

1. Unplug the connections
2. Unplug the Power
3. Press in Reset
4. Plug in the Power then Press Reset at the same time for 1 to 3 mins.

This will wipe out anything hosing Router... I've own two of these type of routers and they all do the same thing. That's why I stop using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back