connection problems with online gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been having connection problems with two online games. At first I thought it was my ISP so I went and switched my ISPs three times all dial up. It seems everytime I log onto the game for about 10-15mins I get disconnected. Now since this has happend with two games and three ISPs I'm starting to think its me. Everytime i get disconnected my modem starts to hum real loudly and I get diconnected. I've noticed my pig gets really high and then i get packet loss. I've been told it was my firewall. But I can't tell. I run Windows XP SP1 so I have no idea where it is. I don't think its my firewall though because its been running fine the last year or so. And i don't have any antivirus programs on my computer so I don't see how thats getting in the way. I can surf just fine without problems. I can leave it connected for hours with any problems. The only time it happens is when I get connected to the game. Please help. I'm getting ready to break something. Oh and sorry for the length of this thing. :D

:wave: Hello & Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

What kind of modem do you have? Do you have the option of trying to use another modem?

It could be that the stress of online gaming is giving it problems... Do you get the same problem if you download and upload files at the same time?

Also, you say you don't have any anti virus software installed... How long since you last did a virus check?

What games are you having the problems with? Have you set up the conncetion speed correctly, so that the server isn't trying to send you too much info?

If you answer these questions, we'll be better able to help you with your problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back