consistantly disconnected from WoW server

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpl2000

hi everyone -
i'm continually disconnected from the world of warcraft server, i can not figure out why. this only occurs after i have logged in and chosen a character. i would
appreciate it if someone would tell me what's wrong, and tell me how to fix it.

further details and system specs will be furnished upon request----

i don't have a firewall, and it doesn't have anything to do with the downloader. any other recommendations?

I have one.
I had the same problem until I switched realms. The realm I was on was probably too far away or over populated... or both! On the character screen at the top right you can 'choose realm' try another that is recommended and see if it still happens. If you have high level characters that you do not want to lose check into having them transfered. Since there are restrictions to consider you may want to find where you can transfer to first, and then make a test character there to make sure it has a good latency before having any toons transfered.

i'm in moon guard, and the only possibility there is that it's too far away, as in it's the lowest population world. because of this, i don't think i am able to transfer any of my characters to any other realms.

edit: i made a character in a rec'd realm, but same problem.
edit: i made a character in another rec'd realm, still same problem.

any more suggestions? please?

Well it seems that you have enough ram according to your profile though I notice you mentioned your wireless card... is it possible to plug directly into your modem/router and see if it makes a difference or if not atleast get as close to it as you can? It really sounds like a connection issue...

i've noticed that as well; i just got back from a trip and it worked perfectly fine there, i'm starting to believe that the connection here just can't handle WoW

ok, good news. i've contacted blizz tech support and apparently it's my router. i have a linksys wrt54gs, and apparently it's the problem

Did you try to update your Linksys's drivers?

I have a linksys G and it works perfect on all my games but I still have a bad connection in my room so I lag in alot of online games :(

TimeParadoX said:
Did you try to update your Linksys's drivers?

I have a linksys G and it works perfect on all my games but I still have a bad connection in my room so I lag in alot of online games :(

a) i wouldn't know how to do that =[
b) how do i do that?

thanks

Routers don't use drivers, they use firmware. You would have to go to their websites to check for updates. Those can only be good so do that first, this will also set everything back to default so afterwards you will have to log into the ui page and set up port forwarding for WoW. They list the port to use Here and for the downloader Here and before playing around with your router you might want to read up a bit Here

jtickner1 said:
secretly the game is doing you a favour, jk

gee, that was incredibly helpful. but please, stop posting here, the problem was fixed at least 2 weeks before you posted this. but, alas, my laptop crapped out on me, so no more wow anyways.

tpl2000 said:
a) i wouldn't know how to do that =[
b) how do i do that?

thanks
Was posted a whole 2 days before he posted that, though I don't support what he posted I do wonder how you would expect anyone to know that you problem was solved ???

what he said didn't have anything to do with the problem or the solving thereof. on the note of the 2 days or whatever, sorry i didn't notice. that said, i'm going to stop posting here, and i hope everyone else does as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back