consistent computer crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello

i have been having a lot of problems with my computer recently. when running a game, everything will go fine at first, but then less than one minute in suddenly everything will crash and my computer will reboot. windows reports a multitude of error reports and possible sollutions but none of them work. ive tried updating the drivers for my card (bfg geforce 7800 gs oc (purchased 12th february 2006)) with the latest drivers released by nvidia, the drivers that came with the card, and the drivers that originally came with the pc for my old nvidia card. i have also tried the windows memory diagnostic, but this was no help whatsoever and crashes during the scan. this happens on every single game, and often just in windows, where it will suddenly crash and reboot. by unableing automatic restart in the event of a system failure and setting write debuging infomation to none, i was able to get this specific error message from the game lord of the rings battle for middle-earth 2:

"Game crash

Direct3D error 0x0x88760827 (D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR)
10 addresses:
(unknown)(0): game.dat+241950 Debug::postStaticInit+3390
(unknown)(0): game.dat+1176455 FXParticleSystem::CategoryModuleClass<5>::getName+101422
(unknown)(0): game.dat+312678 Region2D::width+14201
(unknown)(0): game.dat+2341352 IRegion3D::eek:peration=+14201
(unknown)(0): game.dat+2251138 UnicodeString::UnicodeString+13145
(unknown)(0): game.dat+2251452 UnicodeString::UnicodeString+13459
(unknown)(0): game.dat+270442 Debug::postStaticInit+31882
(unknown)(0): game.dat+12725 operator<<char>+2084
(unknown)(0): game.dat+6447835 Xfer::~Xfer118290
(unknown)(0): kernel32.dll+93519 RegisterWaitForInputIdle+73

Because of the severity of this error the game will now exit."

i have also attatched a screenshot of the error message. i was hoping that you would be able to tell me what is causing this problem, and if it is a problem with the card or ram or something else as i am really stumped. if this is not enough infomation or you need an error message from another game or program please tell me and i will do my best to get more infomation on the problem.

thank you in advance,
aaron rose.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Check your system temperatures.

Update your graphics card drivers.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together and attach them here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

cheers for the help m8.

i did a lot of that, updated drivers for my agp chipset, graphics card and ran the latest bios update from medion. it all worked fine on one run of the game, next day it was screwin agen. repeated updates, again it worked once and now doesnt work...

iv given up on games and im now getting a blue screen error saying something like 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' even when doing things like listening to music. im prety sure the problem is with my ram so ill try everything on that link when i next have time. ill probably end up gettin new ram anyway.

thanks agen.
aaron rose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back