Constant BSODs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phacoid

Hi guys,

Lately my computer has been giving me BSODs as if they were falling off of the trees. It's annoying the living crap out of me now. Endured 3 BSODs so far today, and I suspect there are more to come. It's even going to a level where I tend to lose data like my firefox bookmarks and it also sometimes seems to corrupt some files.

I personally don't have an idea where it is coming from.

Hardware:
AMD Athlon64 3500+
Asus A8N-E
WD 250GB KS2500
2*512MB Kingston Valueram CL3
nVidia 7800GT 256mb

I have uploaded my minidump at http://www.substruction.com/dumps.zip

Thanks in advance.

Your minidumps are pointing to NV4_disp.dll... this indicates a problem with your Nvidia drivers. Try downloading and installing the latest driver

koma77 said:
At least one of the minidumps has to do with the USB driver. Did you add a new USB device lately?

I did not no. Is there any way to resolve this issue?

Tmagic650 said:
There are memory corruptions listed too, while we are at it...

Does this indicate bad memory? If it does I can always go ahead and use my lifetime warranty (but I still hope it isn't because I don't have any replacement sticks laying around).

Tmagic650 said:
I'd go for the Gforce driver error first. It's the most noted error

I had beta drivers installed (I know they're bad lol) for the 8800s but modified to run on the older cards. Ditched them now and am now running a driver that was made for my card. Hopefully this will fix that issue now.

Good Phacoid,
trying to decipher minidumps is a bit of an art, and you have to ask the right questions... I hope the Nvidia drivers fix this for you... Good luck

Tmagic650 said:
Good Phacoid,
trying to decipher minidumps is a bit of an art, and you have to ask the right questions... I hope the Nvidia drivers fix this for you... Good luck

Is it possible for me to learn and read minidumps?

Phacoid said:
Is it possible for me to learn and read minidumps?

Type "reading minidumps" in the search window above. With a little hunting I think you'll find what you need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back