Constant Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello it's me again :wave:

Well this time it's my sister's computer. She is having some problems with it freezing, especially when she is watching videos. It was given to her by our brother in law. He built himself and has been working with computers for over 10 years, but unfortunately he is in the navy and is working a lot. So I was just wondering if you could help me out?

Cblightning6 said:
Hello it's me again :wave:

Well this time it's my sister's computer. She is having some problems with it freezing, especially when she is watching videos. It was given to her by our brother in law. He built himself and has been working with computers for over 10 years, but unfortunately he is in the navy and is working a lot. So I was just wondering if you could help me out?

Hi

It would help a great deal if you could be more specific, when does it freeze, how often, is there any particular program that causes it to freeze ?? etc etc.

It could be a number of things, faulty drivers bad hardware, HD dieing, overheating, the list is endless.

The only clue you give is that she watches video's this could be a faulty video card, a bad codec, the HD having trouble reading the file,

As you see i'm clutching at straws to help you here but i'll perservere,:haha: try running a chkdsk on the HD (start >run >cmd > enter >chkdsk /f, answer yes to the error message about doing it next time you reboot, then reboot ,do this a couple of times.) update the video drivers,

Open the case and remove any build up of dust remove and reseat the video card, and memory and check airflow over the board.

Lastly check event viewer (start >run> eventvwr) and see if anything pops up in there.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Hi again and thank you for the help. Sorry i wasnt specific enough, but when she watches a video on youtube.com or it seems to happen when she is doing something important. But when it freezes and you restart it freezes while its logging into her windows user account, but then after freezing there it freezes just as you are into her account the next time you start. I hope this helps you narrow things down, if it does not just tell me what i should be more specific on.

Thanks again

Ahah I just discovered a problem on eventvwr, it said that eapol was succesfully stopped i looked it up on google and found that other people have had problems with it on sp2 and it has been causing the audio to freeze the computer. Can you tell me what to do about this?

Thanks again

Cblightning6 said:
Ahah I just discovered a problem on eventvwr, it said that eapol was succesfully stopped i looked it up on google and found that other people have had problems with it on sp2 and it has been causing the audio to freeze the computer. Can you tell me what to do about this?

Thanks again

Hi

I did a google and found this page here,

It looks like your problem.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back