Constant Hard Drive Led Light on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came home Saturday night around 3am to look at my computer monitor led yellow. I knew something was wrong. I have tried to replace the battery on the mother board swapped the motherboard tried switching the video card slots everything. I am left clueless. I am not very experienced in working on computers so any help would be greatly appreciated. I am going to try replacing my video card next. I have also tried plugging a different hard drive in and it still makes no beeps or anything on power up but I know it is getting power because the fan is working. The Hd LED is SOLID RED!!

if u get no beeps, try flashing the bios. look in your mobo's manual how to do it. it should be shortin some pins using the jumper provided there. if that doesnt work, try takin out the ram. if your comp starts beeping that means its the ram thats the problem. check your mobo for any bulging capacitors. or no...you said you changed your mobo. if you have any pci cards plugged in, take them out and also disconnect all ide or sata devices so you only have the cpu, video card and memory plugged in...if that doesnt work, like i already said, start by removing the ram first...if no beeps are heard, proceed to the video card...if it still doesnt work, change the power supply...if again, doesnt work, remove the cpu and if u have another one, try installing it. wish you the best of luck

Bios reset

Thanks for you reply I have tried to reset the bios already. I have taken the cpu completely apart. This is one I have built myself its an 2100 AMD Athlon Processor. The mother board has been removed from the case and replaced the memory has been removed and replaced all cards have been removed. I think I am left to buy a new video card. I have had the problem of a loose video card making the HD led stay lit and giving off no beeps at start up. The power supply has also been replaced with a new one and is powering the cpu on but windows does not start up at all.

if just windows doesnt start after all this, maybe you should format the new hdd and install windows. but if thats not the case and the computer doesnt start at all, yes, maybe you should try a new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back