Contents of Some Software Programs (Text/Graphics) Don't Fit in Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdfuller

I have been working on a strangle problem on my wife's Gateway 450 ROG with Windows XP service pack 2, for quite some time.

Some programs do not fit inside of the windows.

For example, the Epson printer software graphics and text are cut off by the right side of the window of which they appear, and the user can not see the entirety of the contents, and hence, can not select and click, much less see, options on what should be the right side of the window.

SuperAnti-Spyware Free edition also does the same thing. Apparently, for whatever reason, these two software programs display their contents inside a window differently than most other software programs, which are not displayed correctly inside their respective windows.

For the record, this used not to be a problem.

I have tried re-installing the Epson printer software (the printer works fine). I have also tried removing and reinstalling the video device driver software. This does not work either. It is a ATI Mobility Radeon 9000.

Advice is greatly appreciated.

Could it be that your display resolutions are wrong?

i doubt it has anything to do with your epson software, since it happens with others..

The normal resolution you should keep your monitors at is to the highest supported by both monitor and graphics card. DPI however, can be altered, found under the advanced properties (display properties>Settings>Advanced..) of your graphics card. Try altering that to the Normal setting and see if it makes a difference..

have you also tried getting the latest software updates available for your graphics card and others you have problem with?

Yes, my DPI is set to higher, and standard is 96dpi. If its set higher the text sometimes does get cut off.

not the dpi setting, the resolution, (e.g., 800×600 or 1024×768)

it is set in the graphics card or cp->display

Yes, I am a stickler for keeping the latest updates on all machines, especially video drivers. In fact, I have tried removing and reinstalling the video device drivers. I have tried lowering and increasing the resolution to more than 1024 X 768 and less than it.

I have tried changing the resolution from 96 DPI.

For the record, both of these always were at 96 DPI and 1024 X 768 even before the problem started. i.e. The Epson software used to display properly with these settings.

I know it is not the Epson software for I have tried re-installing it, and, what buttons you can see to click for it, do work properly.

My guess is that a registry setting or system file got tweaked without my knowledge or consent that affects the display of certain software contents within a window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back