Contest Consolation Prizes

boeingfixer

New winner list, PLEASE READ !!

Gang,

I came here to win the contest and did not. I came in second and for that I am greatful. I do somewhat disagree with the way the winners where picked but like Super and others have said, "it's over and we should quite whinning" so we will.

First I would like to thank Julio and the staff at 3DS for a great contest and a great forum. I too plan on staying for a long time.

Second, LOOK OUT Phantasm66, I plan on being the top poster soon so you better keep an eye on the post count. ;)

Third, I would like to extend some consulation prizes to those I think are worthy of receiving something. This of course by the approval of Julio and staff. So here it is.

I would like to pick 5 people who didn't win anything and offer them the following package,

1-AMD Black XP T-Shirt, or White DDR "T" or 1Gig "T" ( I only have a few of each)

2- AMD Mouse pad

3-AMD Mouse writing pad

4-AMD XP, MP, Athlon, Duron, K6-2 or K6-3 case badge (your choice and I will send a couple.)

All of this will be 100% free (I will pay for shipping out of my pocket) and all 4 items will be sent to each of the 5 people I choose.

So what do you think ?? Fair ?? Unfair ?? Overstepping my boundries ??

Let me know gang and staff, I would really like to do this.

Thanks again for the great prize and I will be here for a long time.

If no one answers ya Boeing can I have the Amd Xp case badge as I plan to upgrade to an 1800 soon.:D (still sussing out the mobo to go with it but)

Dog,

I have plenty of both plain Athlon and extra XP stickers. Let me find a link to show you a pic. Yes you may have one, just e-mail me your info and I will send you some !!

For all, here is what a case badge looks like in case you have never seen one.
AMD Pic
The badge is in the right corner, the only difference in Athlon, XP and MP is the XP and MP, they all look the same

Originally posted by 3DS Julio
Wow man, thanks for the great support, you've got our approval for sure...

I appriciate the "OK" Julio, I am an AMD reseller (wow) (believe me, if I sell 2 computers in a month I am doing great !) All a reseller means is I can call AMD and ask for some "cool" stuff. Like pens, paper, yo-yo's etc, so I usually end up with alot of AMD stuff that takes up space.

OK GANG, you heard it from Julio, I have the "OK" so here is the deal and it gets better.

I have some (mabee 20) XP case badges, and about 100 Athlon badges, along with about 500 (yes 500) Athlon MP badges. If you want older K6 stuff, yes I have that too.

All you have to do is e-mail me your address and I will send you a few till I run out. I can always get more from AMD, this is all at "no strings" attached.

I will pick 5 (mabee more) people I have seen around here posting their hearts out ( I know who you are) and will contact them.

Here is the catch, I only have or can get "Large or XL" T-shirts, so send me your size please.

I have about 10 mouse pads so if you want one, let me know.

I will try and call AMD this week and see if I can get more XP shirts, if I can, I will send more out to you.

I hope this makes some of you feel alittle better. I only do this cause 3DS is a great place to come.

Good stuff Boeing.:grinthumb
Mate I live in australia so rather than spend on postage, donate the cost to your local charity. I'm sure they could use a few extra dollars more than I could use a case badge. Bonza offer but.:)

As we say here in Oz:
Mate, ya got a head like a spark plug.
Cos your a Champion (brand of spark plug in Oz)

Aussie sense of humour:D

Quite a thoughtful gesture.. Whatever the motive, you certainly have warmed the hearts of many, noble Boeingfixer.

Originally posted by Rick
Quite a thoughtful gesture.. Whatever the motive, you certainly have warmed the hearts of many, noble Boeingfixer.
my thoughts exactly. :)

Phhhhhhhhhhhh Boeing man, your a super bloke:eek:
I'll bring you my 747 for you to fix any time:D

Well doing Boeing...........clap,clap,clap,clap,clap
:grinthumb

Re: New winner list, PLEASE READ !!

Originally posted by boeingfixer
Second, LOOK OUT Phantasm66, I plan on being the top poster soon so you better keep an eye on the post count. ;)

Heheheh good luck! Better start practicing those dark side force powers then! ;)

I've LOVE an AMD t-shirt, if nothing more than to annoy the geeks at my work!

If you decide I am worthy of one:

phantazmm@hotmail.com

Originally posted by DogStar
Good stuff Boeing.:grinthumb
Mate I live in australia so rather than spend on postage, donate the cost to your local charity.

The USPS is our local charity:p

(This is a management problem)

Ok, good news and not so good news.

First the not so good, AMD is out of T-shirts for about a month. I will get some about the first of June and I asked for more than I usually do. (I usually only am allowed about 5-10) The person I spoke with said I could get like 20 for a promotion or giveaway. Well that is what I am doing, Right ?? So I will be getting/giving more "T"'s away but not for a month or so.

Now the good, I did some digging in my office and found some more "T"'s I didn't know I had. Here is what I have to give,

2-AMD Black XP shirts in XL
3-AMD Black XP shirts in L
1-Duron White 3 button shirt with logo on front in XL
2-Athlon 1 gig and beyond White "T" in XL
3-AMD White Athlon logo shirts in XL
1-AMD Athlon White shrit with hand turning on computer in XL

I have 25 Athlon XP case badges, with 100 comming next week
I have plenty of Duron badges as well as MP badges
I have about 50 Athlon badges without the XP on them
I have about 50 of K6-2 and 100 of the K6-3 badges.

I only have 7 mouse pads to give, I have to look for more.

I have about 5 AMD yo-yo's, 20 AMD pens, 5 AMD glow balls, and 10 fridge magnets.

That is what I have dug up so far. If I find more, I will post it.

Here is my list of runner ups, people I saw here regularly or talked to by PM, people I thought added something to the forums. I have enjoyed all of you guys so don't get me wrong, these are people I saw all over the forums in any topic.

Case badges are for all, If you want a couple, e-mail me with your 3ds name and your snail mail address and what badge you want please.

Here is the list,

SuperCheetah
Mr. G
Lokum
Phatman5050
Vehementi
T-Shirt
Th3MIghtyD8
Phantasm66

Remember, I only have a limited supply of shirts, send me your preference and I will send you that shirt. If you do NOT want one, please let me know and I will pick someone else.

Thanks to all !!

3DS staff, if you have names to add or consider, let me know, I will give away until I am out of everything.

Boeing, I must say you have earned the respect of many here by doing this. It definitely has warmed up my day knowing someone is doing this.

Much respect to you, and everyone should be more like you. I would but I'm just a poor college student! :)

I'll PM you any requests I might have...

SuperCheetah

Fire one of those T-shirts to me. :haha:
Haha, just kidding man. Seriously.
Its a good thing you are doing. I'm sure you have brightened many member's day.

I've been known to give away things from time to time too.....

Edit: you didn't include me either bud (see post below). But I'm not concerned - I didn't do much during this contest - various reasons why. I tried at first - gained probably 50 posts in 2 days (nothing compared to boeing and some of the other new guys but it was good for me) but then for various reasons my posting went down and quality probably did too.

Someone asked me why I haven't included Arris.....Well, Cause I don't like him thats why !!

Just kidding Arris ole pal !! ;)

This is to all, if you want any badges etc, just PM or e-mail me !! I have plenty and I have more on the way. The shirts may run out but I have some comming in about a month !!

Yeah, the Black AMD Athlon XP shirt is somethin i wouldnt mind either...i guess we'll duke it out for it p66 haha. If youd like, i'll pay for shipping on it since it'll be more than just a case badge. :grinthumb to Boeing for the consideration

prizes in my opinion should go to the following:
3ds Julio - for setting the whole thing up
Phantasm - For giving quality support
SNGX - for being a great mod and a good poster
3ds Thomas - Also for great advice and support
and if you werent giving the prizes id pick you, becuase you are one of the new members of the forums that we recieved from the contest, who not only brought humor, advice, and support but also a good over all member.

Originally posted by boeingfixer
WOW, thanks Cab ! I really appriciate that.

And what kind of "T" do you want ??

dont know if your serious or not? lol wasnt intending on gettin anything out of the post but wouldnt mind having a tshirt, always wanted a computer tshirt (dont own one)

Thank you Boeing!
I appreciate it! :)

PM'ed you with info...

(Sorry for not answering sooner, but I have a little quarrel with my ISP...)

Ok, PLEASE be patiant with me folks, I am waiting to hear from all the people I named to give stuff to. I am currently placing the shrits with the people who request a specific one. I plan on giving all the shirts and stuff away to 3DS'ers so if you are here, you will get something, the bag of goodies goes to the runner's up.

I will post the list of shirts to names soon and any extra others can speak for. 3DS staff is getting priority this time, after the 6 I selected are thru.

Remember, in a month I should be getting about 20 more black XP shirts so if you aren't on the list or staff please be patiant and I will get to you.

As for postage, I have had several request that they would like to pay for postage, so lets leave it with this....

If you get something from me, you may pay me back the postage, if you have something I would like, you can send that instead. Just ask me first, chances are, if it is computer related I probably won't turn it down. This could be anything, "T" shirt, hat, stickers, hardware, anything really.

Thanks again all and I will get back with all on this soon !!

Back