Continuos rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

novicegamer

The other day I heard A pop from my puter and it then rebooted.After getting back into WWII my fps were the same as my older puter.Now I replaced the video card and I cant get my CD roms to work.In hardware it has the yellow ? but they are showing in bios
P4 3.0
9800xt 256meg
gigabyte 8knxt
And Im getting weird errors from norton AV,system
PSU is enermax 433 wisper

Did you replace the videocard with exactly the same card and the same BIOS-level? If not, upgrade video-BIOS and get the latest drivers and/or patches.
Remove the CDrom in Device-manager and reboot.
Check your device manager also for hidden devices, you may have double entries for your graphics card/cdrom. Remove as needed.

Yes, remove both your video card and cd-rom under Hardware Manager(Right click on them and click uninstall). Dont go getting into upgrading the video BIOS, no need for him to mess up his new card(as flashing a new bios to your video card commonly does)

Yes I replaced the vid card with the exact same one and same brand.I also removed all 3 CDroms in device manager rebooted and had bios detect each drive and they still dont work.I hope its not the PSU causing these problems.MOBO and PSU are still under MFG warrantie but I dont want to go through all that just before thanks giving.The CD roms do have power to them because the trays will open

I replaced the MOBO last night and after many hours of hair pulling finally got raid 0 set up and got windows to reload.Exact type of mobo.Gigabyte (8knxp) one thing I did notice is the capacitors look bigger on replacememt board.
Now I have to get system to work like it did before

Now I cant get it to get past posting,when it starts to load windows it go right to post.Bad CPU ???? I sure hope not

Yeah sound like a blown cap. The only think that I can think of that pops is a CPU when there isn't any contact. Check the caps on the mobo and see if any of them are dome shaped. If some are then they need to be replaced.

Well I finally got system reset up and I think NAV 2004 corrupted OS.I also had a faulty stick of ram,still waiting for crucial to replace.Being pc3200 registerd pairs they have to be sent back to them for replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back