Control internet useage on network

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a program where i could control how much of the internet connection each of my computers uses at one time like, if my sister wanted to download i could only make her use half of the internet connection. Btw im using a bt youvager 2110 router/modem.

That isn't really a "program" you can install. Because Internet access is provided through the functions of the router, it would be the router that does the limiting.
You would have to buy an advanced type of router, or else have a software router instead and run it on a PC using Linux probably, which is even more advanced to set up.
And both options can be expensive (except maybe the software router because you can use open source Linux and routing software).

The only thing I can think of is finding a program to put on an individual PC which somehow limits their own bandwidth. But I've never heard of such a program, cause why would you limit your own bandwidth :)

Regardless, the router splits it up evenly I believe, so you may just have to live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back