Convert Lnux storage WD2500 to windows based Slave drve ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DzusFast

I have some good 250g HDD's that have linux formatted (Probably strangly partitioned) that XP won't recognize. I tryed using a sacraficial computer to boot up an OP SYS or repartiton in NTFS but when I plug it in and try to bring up the BIOS to FDisk it, there's nothing.... nobody home and it's a pisser!

Is there a trick winXP based utility that can help me erase the crap I don't want on it to get it to the point to partiton it?

BTW, I don't have anything linux based x'cept the media downloader I originally was using.

hHhhHheeEeeelllllPPppp = help.

Thanks in advance

If its connected and jumpered properly XP will see it in Disk Management, from there you can delete/create the partitions and or format them into what you want. No reason to use fdisk.

The pre-existing format won't let it; in it's previous life, it was a 'DishNetwork' DVR storing mpeg format data, I tryed recognizing it under disk management. (Rt. clk my ccomp. etc..and played with the jumpers.)

I think the Lnux based whatever hides it from xp. I can access the data, but not the disk.

Any ideas?

Thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back