Cookies problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to login to www.telstra.com and register for online billing and it said that to register I need to have cookies enabled. Now I've gone into this heaps of times for 2 different accounts, but I thought ok I'll check if cookies are enabled. I had a look under the advanced tab - nothing there. I changed the privacy setting to default (med/high) and added telstra to the allow list. So all I get now is the DNS error or a blank screen. I went to my banks' websites and tried to login on there as well and both came up with the DNS error or blank screen. I can't seem to get into anything at the moment. Telstra are well known for outages but I've never had a problem with both bank websites. I've run spybot and ad-aware, which picked up a few things but I still can't access anything that I used to be able to. Any ideas?? Thanks.:mad:

Have you installed a firewall lately? A firewall such as Zone Alarm Pro, has a cookie blocking function, that works in addition to your browser cookie blocking.

I think you have to be running IE 6 to see the cookie setting under advanced, what version are you running? I have mine set to accept first party cookies, Block all third party cookies and allow session cookies. No problems with my banking sites. Just to confirm, you went to tools, internet options, privacy,and then advanced, not internet options, advanced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back