Cooling Solution fo 7800 GS

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFSFAN

Hi, is there any cooling solution for the 7800 GS, because I am getting preety high temps as it is now, and I was just wondering if I could do anything to make it run cooler

The Zalman VF-900-CU is the best out there for ur card in terms of cooling performance and price. It's around $40 which is not bad to cool a monster (in terms of AGP cards anyways) like the 7800GS.

...my thoughts exactly, Rage_3K_Moiz

NFSFAN, you can also try improving the airflow inside your case

Try the Arctic Cooling Accelero X1 instead then. It's specifically made for 7800 series cards so I believe it will fit urs like a glove. Plus I think it cools the HSI chip too.

are you sure??? cuz i don't think it will cool the hsi chip. Plus it has different holes. I am not sure.

Sorry, that cooler was specifically for the 7800 PCI-E series. The Zalman also will not fit. How high are the temps ur getting? The 7800GS is normally a cool running card. My bro's is usually idle at around 36C.
As for ur requirement, bad news man, ur gonna probably have to wait awhile. The Arctic Cooling Accelero S2 is coming out this month specifically for the 7800GS. Read all about it on the Arctic Cooling homepage. (in the scrolling window on the bottom left of the page).

Runs at about 41 Celsius idle. The reason I want another cooler, is because i want to OC higher. The only stable oc I have now is 520MHz on the core and 1460 MHz on the Memory. I was wondering if the ZALMAN VF900-Cu would fit, because I checked the mounting holes on this cooler and on my card, and it would fit perfectly, but it does not cool the HSI chipset however. There is also a Zalman ZM-VHS1 HSI chipset heatsink, which will fit but I cannot find it anywhere in Toronto here in Canada for sale

That HSI chip cooler is meant only for the GeForce 6600/6600GT. I doubt it would fit on ur card. I'm telling u, just wait until the Accelero S2 is out and u will have a nice cooling solution for ur card.
If u really need it though, get a fanless solution instead, such as watercooling or the like. I have a watercooling solution by DangerDen and it works great. U will need someone experienced to fit it into the PC though. Give it a thought.

Do you have a 7800 GS?? When will the Accelero S2 come out??? Wasn't it supposed to come out this beginning of October. Also what I did was that I replaced the thermal paste on the GPU, HSI chip and Memory. I put AS5 on all of them. It seems to help like 2 Degrees. But I still can't clock stable at 530 MHz CORE and 1460 Mhz Memory. The memory however seems to be stable, but the core gives in at like 44 Degrees. Idle temps are like 39-41 Degrees. Max load temp I have ever seen with AS5 applied was 50 Degrees

Nah, I have a pair of X1900s in Crossfire, hence the need for the watercooling solution. My bro has a 7800GS though, and his is a factory OC'd one from BFG. It's pretty cool at idle so I was wondering why u needed the cooler. Now that I know u need it for OCing I think u should wait for the Accelero S2 to come out, and that may take it's time. The site says October 2006, no specific date. So ur gonna have to wait it out. Otherwise, get a good w/cooling solution like me.

His is overclocked quite a bit higher than the eVGA and BFG overclocked versions... I'm actually suprised its running at all at those speeds.

Well now I've got it stable at 570 Core and 1600 MEM. With watercooling though. Modded my own waterblock:hotbounce

Ive got the GAinward 7800GS+ and the standard cooler that comes with it keeps it cool (36oC and only 43oC when overclocked) but to be honest the card is awesome even when its not overclocked

the only question i do have about the 7800GS+ is its power needs...Gainward send a molex power adapter in the box which allow 2 molex plugs to be plugged in to the card (2 x molex --> 6pin plug socket) ive got the card running with just 1 molex plugged into it...does it need the second? what would happen if i plugged the second into it? ive never heard of a graphics card needing 2 molex power plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back