Copying DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocobogo_rct

Hi, I have a CD+RW drive and I was wondering what if any is the best software for copying DVD movies? I have Easy CD Creator 5 which I use to write data DVDs but I cant see a copy DVD function,
The drive is a combi drive so I dont have a separate DVD drive?
Is there a program that will make a stright copy or do I need to rip the movie off the DVD then write a DVD Video disc?

Cheers

There is afaik no easy feature in Easy CD Creator, nor Nero to simply copy DVD's...

And even if it was, you'd have a little problem...

The fact that your drive is a combo DVD/CD-RW... Had it been a DVD-RAM, you could possible have been able to copy a dvd, but as it'll only write to cd's, you'll find yourself strapped for space before you're half way through the burning process...

A DVD can store 4.6 GB and upwards, whereas a CD usually maxes out around 800mb...

Your only choice here would be to rip the movie, compress it (SVCD, VCD or DivX), and then burn it...

However, I will not tell you how to do this, as it would be illegal...
And TechSpot does not condone Piracy

.02$

The only way to get DVD movies on a CD-R or CD-RW is to compress the movie, into say a VCD or similar that can be used in your CD combo drive or DVD Player...

It can get quite complicated....

Take a look at:-
www.vcdhelp.com

Its an excellent site, with detailed guides, tutorials and how to's. It also tells you the best software to use...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back