Copying Files error when installing Windows Server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an original completely LEGAL copy of Windows Server 2003. During Installation I get a few errors saying it cannot find the following files on the disk:

mswrd632.wp_
icwconn2.ex_
inetwiz.ex_
icwrmind.ex_

Does anyone know how I can solve this or where I can download the files and try copy them from a floppy to hard drive using command promp
Thanks

Usually files aren't found because of CD has scratches / dirt on it. Sometimes the drives themselves don't work with some discs and you could try another drive (for the installation).

Are you able to finish the installation without those files? If you are, check if they really are on the CD and use expand command in the command prompt to uncompress them.

mswrd632.wp_ is MS Word document converter for Wordpad (and maybe other applications too) and goes to %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\TextConv (filename mswrd632.wpc).

The rest .exe files are Internet connection wizard's files and go to %ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\Connection Wizard, if I'm not mistaken.

If you use another way to setup your network connection and don't read Word 6 documents with Wordpad, you could just ignore those files.

bad cd rom

I had this same issue with W2K advanced server
replaced the cdrom and made sure hard drive had no old files on it
make sure you reformat for clean install

Thanks. I changed the CD-ROM, and it worked... weird though because when I had win 2k server it copied the files fine (with the same CD-ROM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back