Core 2 Duo Mobo Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimShady23

I have the E6600 and 2 gig OCZ Platium Rev.2 DDR 800 sitting in my Newegg shopping cart.

Only thing missing is the MOBO and I am kind of in between a rock an a hard place, stumped with all the chipset choices.

Here are my requirments:

Minimum of 5 SATA connectors

Dont care about SLI ( have a 8800GTX and dont plan on getting another one )

Needs to be a good performer......And stable........

Under $200 ($150 range preferably.)

And guys, no PCCHIPS or ECS reccomdations please :D

Thats it !!!

Thanks in advance !!!!!!!!

If you don't need integrated graphics, the GA-965P-DS3 is a good choice too. Good advice would be to stay away from the boards that are just "S3" without the "D".

Under $200 ($150 range preferably.)

Those are very damn expensive mobos Superinc.

The Gigabyte GA-P965-DS3 is pretty good. But the S3 version is under 110 bucks!!
I don't know if there is a big difference between the DS3 and the S3 version. I don't think that solid capacitors are worth 35 bucks more..........

Besides the solid state caps the only difference is that some of the capacitors near the socket are lower on the DS3 version. I'd still pay for the solid state caps.

Yeah

If I had to get any id pick this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131025
for its features....but.....the layout on the SATA connectors is fricken dumb....they are all over the board.

But it is out of my price range of under $200 ($150 range perferably) but I might have to bite the bullet to get the options I need.

The gigabyte is an option, however I need 5 SATA connectors....plus im not keen even having integrated graphics on the mobo even if I wont be using it.

Plus does Gigabyte make a more quality intel board then they do AMD ? Cause I was talked into using them for AMD builds a few years back and had nothiing but bugs and weak bios setups. Out of 10 boards about 4 id say worked the way they were sappost to....And im talking about differnt models not 10 of the same board. I wish they still made them like the GA-7NNXP
probably the best product ever to roll off the Gigabyte line.

Ok

I went with this board, it seems to have all the features that I need and is at the top of my buget, but I figured what the hell.... :D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131028

Wont be a bad $800 upgrade

WTF AM I SAYING ????? I JUST SPENT ANOTHER $800 ON MY COMPUTER OMG IM DUMB !!!!!!

Well as timparadox always says "I'll get all the ladies" LoL

And F1N3ST it does have the ICH18R south chipset, thanks for the advice because a slow HD controller is somthing that I wanted to avoid. !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back