Core 2 quad q6600 temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

acacia666avenue

I just installed my core 2 quad and the temp is around 55 c to 57 c. Is this a good temp. I have a themaltake v1 fan. Is there any other better fans to bring the temp down to like mid 40's

That's not a bad temp but it could be lower. You could get a Zalman heatsink/fan (hsf), i have found them to be very effective.

Google for reviews if you want, to find one that will reduce your temp the most

I run the same processor (Q6600). I run a Zalman with a 92mm fan. My idle temps are 40-44 C. When I'm operating a few applications is's still no more than 49-50. When I run the 20% O.C. and get a few apps. going it runs around 55-56 tops. I game @ 10% O.C. and it approaches 62 C. (tops). Mine is a B-3 model.

it also matter what Stepping ur proccesor uses im guessin that
acacia666avenue uses a B3 stepping and that
pdyckman@comcas is using a G0 stepping proccesor
there are difrent revisions on the Q6600 usualy the G0 stepping ones
run cooler

I think both Thermalright Ultra 120 and Scythe Ninja are better than the zalmans..and both give you the option to on your own select the fan you like.

Computer~freak~ said:
it also matter what Stepping ur proccesor uses im guessin that
acacia666avenue uses a B3 stepping and that
pdyckman@comcas is using a G0 stepping proccesor
there are difrent revisions on the Q6600 usualy the G0 stepping ones
run cooler

pdyckman@comcas 's processor has the B-3 Stepping. He said it in his post.

pdyckman@comcas said:
I run the same processor (Q6600). I run a Zalman with a 92mm fan. My idle temps are 40-44 C. When I'm operating a few applications is's still no more than 49-50. When I run the 20% O.C. and get a few apps. going it runs around 55-56 tops. I game @ 10% O.C. and it approaches 62 C. (tops). Mine is a B-3 model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back