Core voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

isatippy

Hello everyone,

I don't realy have a problem but I was wondering how i could changed my core voltage. There isn't a problem with it I just want to overclock my cpu. :hotouch:

Have you tried reading the MOBO manual? It will either be a BIOS setting or jumper configuration.

There might be some third party software available, but I would be a little suspicious of using it...too much trouble to use......
If your mobo doesn't allow you to control the voltage, not much to be done about it....

The manul doesn't say anything and there isn't any jumper but do you know what out put DQS control is. :hotbounce

voltage

I think you should be able to do it.
http://www.asrockamerica.com/Asrockfeature.htm
The hybrid booster feature says it can increase voltage. I don't know if this
is in the bios or if is a windows utility.

Ok, I downloaded the manual for your mother board, and in the appendix, it said a little about your bios settings. I think your cpu vcore is under Advanced/System hardware monitor. I'm not sure if that is where you can adjust it or if it just tells you the current voltage. Try it, let me know if you find it.

Asrock NOT advised to over clock ! Increase your fsb not increase the voltage
increased voltage causes more heat and there for needs more power.. So you need to ask yourself will my power supply support more wattage and do i have enough fans to keep the cpu kool.. If have stock fan and heat sink the answer is NO!

That just tells me the voltage and I increased the fsb but it's not stable when I do that. I have a Termaltake fan and heat sink. :hotbounce

I am telling you NOT TO DO IT with that board If it is not stable with a increase in fsb more than likely will not be stable vcore increase..

There are tricks to overclocking and you do stuff in small steps .It a very rar occasion that you move up your vcore some boards you can espically the boards built for overclocking like a Asus,MSI Gigabyte

My Asus board has these settings in BIOS and there also a program called Nividia system utility that allows this for AMD boards I suggest looking on Asrock site they might have a utility there for to do this .

But be aware and please do some reading on overclocking there a lot of great websites out there that cover this we have some information in here also...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back