Core2Duo 1.8 running @ 2.8 can my 7600GT keep up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CpuTore

Hi.
I have a 1.8 gig core 2 duo overclocked to 2.8 gig via 400mhz FSB.
In 3d mark I get a much better score on the cpu test but not on the game tests, and I dont get any extra FPS in games either.

Is this because my 7600GT can't keep up?

Also why wont my 7600 core clock any higher its not reaching anywhere near its max temp?

do I need to up the pci-e voltage or something.

It could be the power going to your card, but reguardless that card doesnt overclock well.

I have a g80 ultra and I was running a quad, the quad couldnt keep up based on some benchmarks and reading a lot of reviews. Your cpu and vga scores wont be equal anyhow. You would probably have to get a 7900/7950gt/gtx to see your score gets any higher, or equal to your cpu scores.

Yeah I know it dosn't overclock well (I expected it would when I went ASUS), might have to find a generic 8600gt or something

I dont think a generic 8600 would be any better with framerates. I think the lower ends g80 cards are just meant to impliment dx10, that's all really.

Yep.... looking into it an 8600 would = approx 10 more frames on average, gotta go 8800 & I dont think im ready to part with that much cash (350$AU), medal honour airborne & collinin mcrae dirt would look rather shiny & sexual though.

The 8800gts 320mb is pretty cheap for the power it puts out. You'll want to make sure you have sufficient power though if you decide to go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back