Corrupt SD Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuzZah

I've been attempting to recover a friend's SD card which has some work on it.

The card doesn't work in Windows, Mac or Linux. Windows gives the disk is not formatted error. Would you like to format it now? etc

I've tried an array of different software to attempt to recover the data on the card including

BadCopy Pro - Suggests it's read a small ammount of the disk but a large proportion is unreadable and doesn't show me any files I can get to.

ZeroAssumptionRecovery - This software suggests that about 50% of the drive is readable in both simple volume mode and memory card recovery mode. Having completed this analysis the software shows no files and doesn't give me any option to continue. The Next button is still blanked out. I've also tried to create an image of the card but the image is just as corrupt as the disk itself.

F-Recovery for SD produced no results either.

Partition Table Doctor - Was recommended on another forum however it doesn't support removable media.

MagicISO - I tried to create an image of the drive again using this but it says there isn't a disk in the drive.

I've run out of ideas now so if anyone has any they can suggest I'd be very grateful

Regards,
Ben

if you have tried file recovery programs with no luck, then there is not much else to do. These are solid state devices and should always have their contents backed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back