Counter-Strike FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueFrustration

Just getting my new graphics card Verto NVIDIA Geforce FX 5200 ( sucks ). I expected to have it have a higher fps rate than 30 more than the onboard graphics. Intel Graphics...... Could it be my Cpu? I have a 2.53 Ghz

BlueFrustration said:
Just getting my new graphics card Verto NVIDIA Geforce FX 5200 ( sucks ). I expected to have it have a higher fps rate than 30 more than the onboard graphics. Intel Graphics...... Could it be my Cpu? I have a 2.53 Ghz

how much ram do you have? How old is your system, how clean is your system? Have you defragged your system

Just got done defragging it 512 mb, 1 1/2 year old, 69% free space.

Got any idea on what video card would work better than this?

Im also looking to get a new motherboard next year, one good for Graphic Design, Web Design, Programming, Music, Video/Gaming and of course Networking.

BlueFrustration said:
Just got done defragging it 512 mb, 1 1/2 year old, 69% free space.

Got any idea on what video card would work better than this?

I recommend more RAM

How much money are you willing to spend and how good do you want the graphics?

Im thinking around 300 for the whole thing?

My uncle can get me some parts ( He works at computer store and can get them cheaper )

Also why is it my Ram???

also im working on using the speedfan program to check if it is overheating, I dont see my computers specifications on the drop down menu

BlueFrustration said:
Im thinking around 300 for the whole thing?

My uncle can get me some parts ( He works at computer store and can get them cheaper )

Also why is it my Ram???

also im working on using the speedfan program to check if it is overheating, I dont see my computers specifications on the drop down menu

You have to know what kind of ram your system requires. You cannot just shove anything in there.

Search www.newegg.com or www.mwave.com for your video cards

More ram speeds up alot of processing and your system and games will run smoother.Even though you meet the minimum requirements, that doesn't mean that you system is not hogging your memory.

If you are running a crap load of programs in the background, that will effect your playing as well.

also download ccleaner

Got any idea on what kind of motherboard i should get?
For gaming cheap though.

Other than that im going to search the web for parts and build it myself.

I just rebuilt my old old old computer.

A compaq it was 64 mb Sdram.

Thinking i might run a server off it etc.

Off topic

But my internet is seemingly slow local company.

When downloading it gives me 15.0 as my download rate in utorrent.
Got any ideas on a better company?
(also i have tweaked it to the max)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back