Counter Strike Source Crashes plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephen777

I recently built my computer and i have had a string of crash problems with my counter strike source ad i dont seem to know what the problem is ive tried everything, ive updated all my drivers my direct x. i think the problem may be memory but im not sure exactley.

system specs:

video card: ATI x1600 pro

Mother Board: ECS Elitegroup RX490-A

Memory: kingston memory sticks

Hard Drive: Maxtor 300gb

Sound Card: Realtek

i get the error message the instruction memory at 0x000000 cannot be read blah blah. and sometimes there will be an error message hl2.exe has experianced and error and needs to close. and sometimes i will be playing and it will crash unexpectedly and there will be no error message and sometimes it will just flat out restart my computer.

ive already tried everything through steampowered.com but they cant seem to help them seem to think its memory related though ive already tried turning off my paging file as well and that didnt work either, neither did running the game windowd. so any help would be great, thank you for taking the time to read this.

-stephen

Ok do this:

Tell us Exactly how much RAM you have by Right clicking My Computer then go to Properties and on General it should say something like 1.00gigs or 512mb or what ever

Then go here ( http://www.memtest86.com/ ) and download Memtest and run a full test, Takes a few hours so go watch a movie or something... Also dont mess with your computer while it is testing because it could mess up the test

Once you have done this tell us the results, If failed tell us how many errors and what they say

Hope I helped! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back