Counter Strike Source Direct X Problem :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

British_Command

I have all the right requirements for Counter Strike Source.

It has worked all the time.

But cause my pc has been restarted alll over again
i have had to install loads of things.

I have everything, when i go on Steam, Play Games/Servers,
then click on a server or click on it on the play games bit it will
come up them come up with an error saying-

'Video mode warning'
'Failed to set video mode - resetting to defualts'.

'Game will now restart with the new video settings'.

Then when i click OK it says

'Failed to set video mode - falling back to safe mode settings'.

'Game will now restart with the new video settings'.

Then i click OK and this is the final error message

'Failed to set video mode'.

'This game has a minimun requirement of DirectX 7.0 compatible Hardware.

BUT I HAVE DIRECTX 9.0c!!!!!!!

UNLESS I HAVE INSTALLED IT WRONG
IM STUCK!

help me please

It would help to have some knowledge of your system specs. Do you have an NVidia graphics card installed? Do you have the 77.72 driver installed? There may be a conflict/problem with it. Try going back to the 71.89 driver.

wow

i have fixed it already but that was exactly what was happenin with ma comp conflict... and i did have to download update :p

Thanx

Same Problem

I had the exact same problem.

The only reason i downloaded the new driver in the first place was because i got a message from STEAM as i logged in to play CS:S that my drivers were out of date and that there were new ones available to download!

Gah!

I am also having the exact same problem, conterstrike will not run ... i am also having issue to do with Dualview now... overlay will not work ie minimised winamp and divx playing on other screen. all video in windows is extremely oversaturated and psycadelic until i turn overlay off..... maybe we should be whinging to Nvidia?? i dunno?

any thoughts anyone?
p.s. i have Nvidia FX5600 256mb, XP, in a grey computer case :grinthumb

hey all i have the exact problem lol i have a NVIDIA video card with 256 ram got 1500 broadband and im running XP and i got direct X 9.0 and my processer is NVIDIA Geforce4 MX 440 with AGP8X (thats all i know about my computer) hope that enough info

what would be the problem and can u guys give me a linnk were i can just click download and download it and then the problem is fixed lol?

mattbaka, if you have the same problem as above, did you try the same solution?

i fixed my self but thnx anyway the problem was i dunno for ages it came up that then i tried it after like 3 weeks and it worked i dunno if my computer dun an update or what was hapenin

fixed the problem

I just installed the older drivers for my card and all my problems were fixed... CS works as normal and dualview mode works properly again......... i think it was the 71.89 version i went back to.

You'd think Nvidia would test their new drivers with windows video, and the most popular game in the world before they release a new driver!!! but who am i to whinge. :)

you'd think at least some of the Nvidia staff would play CS:Source and tell their boss it doesnt work lol :knock:

I Had The Exact Same Problem...but could some1 please give me a link to the Nvidia Drivers Page. I donno how to go back.So until then im done for :dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back