Counter Strike Source FPS problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm hoping some one can help me out...

I have been trying to play Counter Strike Source as well as Day of Defeat Source but I am experiencing serious FPS issues. I get an average of
10-15 FPS which is unacceptable as I have a reletively decent system.
Specs: AMD 64 3500
1GB DDR2 400Mhz RAM
ATI Radeon X800 GTO card

Can someone please help?

I can play other games like Quake etc with high detail and get great FPS but it does seem that I'm struggling with everything using DirectX whereas Quake 3 uses OpenGL. Is there a known issue with the Source engine from Valve???

Hmm you have similar rig to mine and I get 100-150 FPS on CS.S and HL2 deathmatch. Concur with previous post: update your mobo and video drivers. In CS.S cfg file change your cl_uprate 20 to cl_uprate 80 (I'm at work so I'm forgetting the exact command), but it's the last 2 or 3 entries, both are default at 20. Increase them to 80. cl_downrate 80 and cl_uprate 80, this helps ping, your FPS is internal to your rig and you should be way higher then that. Also increase your HunkMegs to 256, also in cfg file, this will help FPS.

I am having the same problem with my X800 PCIE. I've updated all my drivers and I still have fps around 20 playing CS:S. When I run the Video Stress Test, I get ~100fps... but playing the acutal game kills it. What are your vid stress test numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back