Counter strike source ping problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i have just signed up today so im sry if ive posted this in the wrong place. umm ye I have had counter strike source for ages now and i have never had a problem. But then my ping started shooting up into the 800's. when searching in google for information i found a forum which suggested to change your preffered dns server. Which i did and it worked Hoorah for a couple of days. but then again it started shooting up again. So i change my preferred dns server again and it worked but again the ping shot up.

i have 3 dns servers to choose from now io have run out of new ones to choose from and when i change back to the original dns server my ping is still very high. So i was wondering why this is happening. My computer is very good and as i said this has never happened before

PLS can u help

How do i find out what my download and Bandwidth is? i am not rly a technical guy sry (and by the way if this helps my internet and i used to have world of warcraft but i quit, well internet for that and google is fine its just counter strike source which i am having this problem with.

Thank you for helping :)

do i need to download something from the internet to find out my bandwidth, upload and download (when typed in google there are numerous programs to download to tell you this) or can i find it out manually.

well there's a program called dan (something)'s broadband speed test that can tell you your actual download/upload speeds but if you have a router then it should be able to tell you on there

if you're using a usb modem then a speed test program would probably be your best bet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back