Counter-Strike source resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarface1827

I was playing on cs_italy and noticed my ping was a little high so i changed my resolution settings from 1024x768 to 800x600...since that css doesnt run or any other halflife 2 games either,i tried going to the steam support,tried everything,mainly the "set launch options" it begins to load then goes to a blank screen.... please help me! i have an ati radeon 9800 256 vid card,1g of ram amd 3200+ processor....

...Update... i tried other games too,mainly doom 3 works fine,but the other only one aside from hl2 games that doesnt work is battlefield 2...extremely frustrating...

Hmm. Sounds like this is happening to a few people. Another topic that says something about Half Life 2 engine or something has had a bsod ever since he changed to 800X600. I'll be back with an update with what is going on, if I can find something.

Hmm, so BF2 doesn't work either? I haven't been able to find anything else on it. (I actually had forgotten, sorry) I looked on google, but nothing. Your best bet would be to maybe use system restore to a point before you changed it. If you don't wanna do that, then you may try reinstalling them.

im backing up the half-life 2 games as we speak,but about deleting everything and re-downloading is risky,i fear id have to pay for it again to do that.....i tried the steam support,nothing really helped.im looking at that caseys config thing to maybe try that...but im not quite sure how it works...i dont want to accidently put hacks in i dont want or anything.

Since Steam is always updating Steam platform and CS: S, have you tried updating your graphics card driver to the latest version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back