Counterstrike Source problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeParadoX

When I play CS:S on about any server I start to "bounce" around and I cant even move, Like I go forward then it pushes me back so I cant even play or anything. Anyone know what's the problem or how to fix it?

It's not because of graphics because I can play on my servers with like 14 bots on screen at once and not even a stutter in frames

I've waited to post because I don't have the answer to your problem but I've had similar issues with CS:S, except it's with "single player" with the bots. I don't play online. Ever since an update in December 2006, movement in the games proceeds in a jerky/choppy fashion. The bots run in place, sort of, for a bit and then suddenly appear ahead to where they should be. It's really hard to target the enemy because of it. Also, when switching weapons, it does a sort of double take. The weapon pulls up twice.

It was perfectly fine before that update and it hasn't been fixed yet. I uninstalled Half Life 2 and CS:S and reinstalled from scratch and updated my ATI driver to Catalyst 7.1 with no change. I haven't tried 7.2 yet but the Release Notes make no mention of it.

I'm sure the problem is with Valve's update but I haven't seen this problem as being very widespread when I look at Steam's forums. So who knows when it might get fixed?

I think I found the problem, When I run on 100tick servers I start to bounce and stuff but when I run on anything below 100tick it's normal, How do I change it to where I can run 100ticks?

i know this is an old thread BUT....

the actually 100tic is server side

and the closest thing i can think of is to change

cl_updaterate to whatever tic the server is
and also
cl_cmdrate to whatever the tic is plus 1

wierd, but yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back