cpc 2004 thanks but

Status
Not open for further replies.

suttonchedd

thanks for your help,i have cleaned the case and tried the ram using 1 stick at a time in each slot.sometimes memtest finds problems-other times no problems.each time the pc reboots i send the error message to m\soft and i get the answer that the crash was caused by a device driver.i could scream in frustration.i have really appreciated your help,best wishes,maurice

If memtest is finding errors with your ram, then the most likely culprit is your ram.

Can you try a different stck of ram? Maybe borrow one from a friend.

Regards Howard :)

Hi Suttonchedd,

Thanks for your reply. You must understand that the minidump is only snapshot of 100K when the system crash occurs. Your minidumps shows that it is memory corruption. The root cause may be the device driver or faulty ram. If a faulty device driver corrupt the memory a couple of seconds and it is also impossible to find out the culprit unless the software developer puts memory alternation trap to catch the culprit on the spot.

We are not the device driver developer and we don't have the source code of the device driver. Imagine we are debugging a very complicate program without source code. If you know programming, you will understand how tough it is. We are based on the our experience to judge the culprit of the problem. You cannot expect we can always provide the correct answer. If I don't know the answer, I will advise the problem owner to report the problem to Microsoft.

This is a free forum and you have to pay microsoft. Do you think that a free forum can provide better service than a pay service? You provide three minidumps and they crashed with three different bugcheck codes. Microsoft have the problem database, they know which device driver is faulty but I don't have.

BugCheck 1000000A, {0, 2, 1, 8051e106}
Probably caused by : nv4_disp.dll ( nv4_disp+55a8 )

BugCheck 4E, {99, 22754, 7, 0}
Probably caused by : sr.sys ( sr+79a2 )

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, bf813f66, b7471730, 0}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!EngDeleteSurface+3d72 )

If you refer the last reply of the original post, my comment is AVG maybe the culprit as I got a reply from another forum your version of AVG caused blue screen.

If you support this forum, could you share your finding and which device driver is the culprit? Does it really resolve your problem? A problem owner of this forum reported the problem to Microsoft, Microsoft replied that it is device driver. But the problem is still unresolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back