CPU advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt_Subtext

Hi everyone, as some of you may be aware im in the market for a new high end computing system, which im going to buy instead of build but im unsure of what CPU would be best for a game machine... Ive done a little bit of research on Intels qx6700 which at the moment seems to beat everything around including the AMD Athlon™64 FX 62 Dual-Core even though that seems to be the prefered choice by gamers.

In your opinions which one is best for a high end gaming PC?

Intel is the best choice right now. Even the mid-end Core 2 Duo E6600 beats the fastest Athlon chip.

Actually for gaming, the fastest CPU right now is the dual-core Core 2 Extreme X6800, not the quad-core QX6700.

But that might change in the future :)

heheh im going to be waiting until Vista is launched to be honest and by then the first of AMD's Quad Cores might be about....

Seems to be alot more complicated these days than when I built my system 3 years ago.

Regarding that AMD's 4X4..... I again think that Intel will beat it. Intel has the four cores inside a single CPU, instead of two physical dual core processors. Two sockets (AM2 will be likely phased out), big motherboards (some are EATX), and big costs too.

I think that Intel will win once again :)

Is this the day when the devil actually ice skates to work? lol Ive always been a loyal supporter of AMD never thought id see the day that I was contemplating going Intel! lol

Id go for the E6600. Its a decent speed at 2.4 Ghz, and it is the least expensive with a 4mb cache. For 350 bux canadian you can't go wrong with it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back