CPU bad performance, loooow FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellroth

Hi

I have read almost all the threads inhere about low performance and bad FPS but i cant find anything that looks like my own problem. And sorry if i ask stupid questions but im no expert...

I recently bought a new computer cuz my old wasnt good enough anymore, cant remember the specs but it was sumthing like

XP1600+
768 ram pc2700
FX5200

The new computer specs are

Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 3.06GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
768 ram still pc2700 (gettin 1 gb 3200 tomorrow)

The problem is that my new computer runs almost the same as my old computer; in WoW (like 30 fps outside cities, 10 inside) and in JK2 i got unstable fps 20-60 and cant get it higher no matter what.

I ran a benchmark 2003 on high performance in graphic and scored bout 5500. After that i used the default setting for my graphic but changed to high quality and got a score on 6913. Doesnt make sense to me. My results:

Game test did 126.7 - 56.4 - 47.0 - 43.8
CPU test did 36.0 and 7.1
Feature test did
Single-text: 1481.7 MTexels/s
Multi-text: 3778.8 Mtexels/s
Vertex shader: 20.3 fps
pixel shader 2.0: 115.2 fps
Ragtroll 28.3 fps

Sry if i write too much or if my english might be bad. But it seems like the CPU is running pretty bad...

//Bellroth

im not really sure about the FPS but i just wanted to warn you, i think ive heard around that you cant mix Freq of Ram, you have 768mb of 2700..im not sure you can mix it with a 3200 module, maybe im wrong!

Oh maybe i didnt elaborate that enough. My RAM atm is pretty suxors, i'm running with 512 PC2700 and 256 PC3200. Im going to switch those 2 blocks with 2 * 512 PC3200 so i only have 1024. Dont really need anymore, i think, and im gonna use the other blocks to spec up my 2 kid bro's computers, since they really need the RAM.

I really need help on that CPU tho, i've been checking around the net and ppl with same system than mine, or close, get minimun 100 fps in CPU test 1, and around 25 in test 2.

So i feel a bit behind...

wow

Ok first things first.
When you upgraded you did do a full reinstall of windows correct?
If you didnt that could cause some issues.

Second what type of mobo you got?
If it is a VIA chipset have you downloaded the newest via drivers?
Or at least installed the newest drivers for both your chipset and video/sound cards?

Third You can download a tool called fraps to see all your frames per second in games.

Try a different game.
Download a demo for BF2 or Call of Duty 2.
Anything to test to see if it is game specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back