CPU Big Problem Nid Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiden

Hey,

i got a lga 775 pentium 4 2.66 cpu , but it was overclocked by my lil sister (the clock ratio is locked she just changed the frequency ) , so when she saved the settings and restarted the PC , suddenly there's nothing in the monitor... the harddisk light only stayed Lit like its just freezed or something nad i cant go through the BIOS, i was so furious and i did all i can to solve this thing but still the same thing happens ,

i dunno what to do now , is there stil any chance for my CPU or what should i replace?

plz help
TNX

PS: this is the link of my board if it helps LINK

Try resetting the cmos. This is usually done by moving a jumper on the mobo. You mobo manual should tell your how to do this.

Alternatively, unplug your computer from the mains, and remove the cmos battery for a few minutes, then replace it. This should reset your cmos/bios to the defult settings.

Hopefully your sister won`t have caused any permanent damage.

Regards Howard :)

i did the same thing to my last system when i tried oc'ing for the first time. the cmos reset worked like a charm. my manual had me remove the battery THEN reset the jumpers. so same thing howard said, but try combining the two and that might work.

let us know if it works out :)

Hey Tnx Guyz , i owe you one and my sis :knock:

damn it worked , i thought i have to change my mobo or cpu from now on

resetting the cmos didnt work for me, but removing the battery worked

thats a close one...

tnx again! gud luck

Glad you got it sorted.

Now tell your sister not to touch it again or else
guillotine.gif

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.