CPU fan problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have an AMD A64 Socket 939 3500 on an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo, recently Ive been getting "Warning: Your Computer CHIP Fan Fail or speed too low." frequently, I just recently purchased the CPU so was kind of surprised to see this warning. Is this warning reffering to the fan mounted onto the heatsink and then onto the CPU?

Listening and unplugging the other fans I have mounted in my case it sounds as if the fan is strained, fan rpm seems to go up and down not all the time but for about 1 minute every 5 minutes or so.

The Probe shows the CPU fan running at 3068 (rpm i believe).

any help from the guru's out there would be much appreciated :)

Are the temps dangerously high? Fan speeds don't mean jack, temps do. So if your temps are ok, just lower your low speed warning threshold. If your bios has any smart fan stuff (called various names) it can spin up your fan faster as your processor heats up, so that could be an explanation for varying speeds.

My CPU temp is at 31 C and Mobo is at 30 C which are pretty good temps from what ive read. My CPU offers Quiet 'n' Cool technology which Im guessing is the culprit for the fan speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back