CPU Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarvis

Hello, I was wondering about the fan on the top of the heatsink for the CPU...I just replaced the AMD one with a thermaltake one I had lying around. My question is should the fan be pulling air out or blowing air on it. My CPU temp is 64/147 degrees when just running idle...shouldn't it be lower? I have 3 fans in my case also...one in the rear just above the video card, one on the side panel and one on the top of the case... Any suggestions or answers would be helpful.

I run the same fan config on my computer, and I never reach that kind of temperatures. Either that or Everest is telling me the wrong temperature.

Anyway, usually you'll have the fan blowing into the CPU for maximum effect, although having the fan blowing out seems to make more sense in a way. One more thing: what is the ambient temperature? If your surrounding temperature is close to 64 (living in the desert maybe?) then its no wonder why your CPU is running that hot.

BTW, my CPU runs 21-26C idle, 31-41C full load (depending on fan speed) Ambient temp around 15-17.

For setting your casing fans on inhale/exhale, read the other thread I had somewhere in this forum. Cooling effectiveness I think.

Ok I have never heard of Everest before so I went and got it. Before I was using AsusProbe to get my temperatures; right now asusprobe is telling me that my cpu is running at 69c but Everest is telling me 58c. Very wierd, also my ambient temp is 45c.

Asusprobe is probably better cos its their software, working on their product, which the software was written specifically for. I'd trust the Asus one better.

Which also means that my CPU readings (all taken from Everest) is probably off by about 10C.

Shouldn't brag about my 31C full load CPU temp now....

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Its odd because the GPU, ambient, and mobo temps are all identical between everest and asusprob, but the CPU temp is different by about 10c. Anyways, I'm gonna get some arctic silver and just tweak all my fan configs until I get a temp I'm comfortable with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back