CPU Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, Im having a slight problem and im sure im overlooking something simple. I was getting a message on startup that IDE hd could not be found. So i went into bios and looked around, didnt see anything unusual so i set it to default settings. Well you guessed it, I needed a new HD. The problem is that after i put the ne HD in and go to properties on my computer. It is saying that my 2.2 gig amd is a 1.01 gig. Ive changed this in bios with other asus mobo's but i cant seem to find where to change it in this one. The mobo is a asus A7N8X deluxe. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If ive left out any info that is needed please let me know. Thanks in advance for your help..
Jop

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It sounds to me like your bios has been reset to the default settings, which will mean your fsb is probably set to 100mhz.

You need to go into your bios, and select the advanced tab, and then the advanced chipset configuration.

you will need to set the cpu frequency(fsb) to what ever your cpu should run at, I.E it will either be 133mhz/166mhz/200mhz depending on your cpu.

You can check your cpu specs at the AMD website.http://139.95.253.213/SRVS/CGI-BIN/...217292174,K=9272,Sxi=6,RESTART,DTree=OBJ(2132) Click on processor specs, followed by your type of cpu.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thank you for such a fast reply Howard. I've done what you suggested and it worked great. I have one other question if you dont mind. I have a AMD Athlon 3200+ 2.2gig. When i clicked on the link to AMD that you supplied above, and looked at the 3200+ it says 400MHz but the highest i could set mine was 200 MHz (without making it a manual adjustment) which looks like overclocking to me. And even then the highest would be 300MHz. I am just wondering if i made the correct adjustment although when i right click on my comp and go to properties it does now say AMD 3200+ 2.2 gig. Thanks again for all of your help. :)
Jop

Yes that`s fine. The 400mhz means It should be set to an fsb of 200mhz.

an fsb of 200mhz is in fact 400mhz effective.

Regards Howard :) :)

Ahh, o'k thank you much for all your help Howard. Ive learned something today. Thanks again.

Yankee, Sorry im not from Joplin. This is a screen name i use for gaming online. It all started when i joined a team called "frag-n-rockers" we all had the names of singers or bands. By the name I use I guess I'm giving my age away...lol
Thanks again Howard !
Jop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back