CPU keeps rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hav a prob with my cpu..k so till one day my comp was workin all fine till that evenin wen i started it..it booted completely then suddenly restarted,again after completely booting up..within 2 mins it rebooted, then again restarted but this time there was no display commin up on the monitor..since the wenever i tried to start my comp..the same thing happens..display comes on the monitor d then within mins reboots till nothin appears on the screen..HELP!!!

The first thing I would do is open the case.

Switch the PC on to see if the processor's cooling unit's fan is working and that the unit is fitted properly over the processor.

If everything is in order, switch off the PC and at the mains, and remove the adapter cards and memory modules and reseat them.

Make sure you earth yourself by touching the case before you touch the cards/modules.

Then see if you can boot up in Safe Mode by pressing the F8 key at startup until the boot menu appears that has Safe Mode as an option.

If the same problem happens in SM, it is almost certainly a hardware problem with the motherboard, memory, or power supply.

Next, find out what happens with only the motherboard, RAM, and the known good video card installed. You should be able to enter the BIOS.

thanx guys

hi..
thanx guys for ur ideas..
lemme try them..i hope it works out
i'll get back to u if i still face anyprobs
thanx once again :0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back