Cpu & mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPSer9110

I've always used AMD for the last 5 years. I swore by AMD, but i've been told that Intel is the way to go right now. I'd like to hear for all. Whatever the majority replies are, I'll go with.

Also, I am looking for the MoBo to go along with the CPU. I've been looking but just cannot see which to go with.

I'll be using this for gaming. My budget is $1500. With that said, I must say ... The $1500 budget is for CPU, MoBo, RAM, & GPU.

I am planing on getting the 8800 GT SLI GPU times 2 = just under $500.

The RAM will be the last thing. Whatever the MoBo will take.

Yes, at this moment Intel>AMD by a decent bit. If you'd like to see for yourself go to Toms Hardware and look at the Benchmarks. Thank god your not a fanboy. ;)

I am sure someone will find something better for you, but under your conditions I'd get this:

MOBO
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188024

CPU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115016
(Overclocking capabilities)

RAM:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134218

You could get 4gigs of ram, the mobo, and processor for much less than 1k.

I believe that should be good, and you still have 400 dollars to compromise, so if you wanna up anything you could.

Ram is good, that's what idea I am looking at. So at least I now believe that Intel is the way to go, but I wanna go with a quad core. I've been looking at the Q9450 or the Q9550. So I guess all I need is the MoBo.

Also, tell what you think of the GPU 8800 GT SLI.

Anyone can chime in on this too.

Honestly you probably don't need SLI, it's generally not worth the cash and in a couple years, two 8800GT's won't beat the top card of that day so it's just going to be a waste. You'll probably have to upgrade in a similar amount of time. If you just want it for the novelty factor, go for it.

Zenosincks said:
Honestly you probably don't need SLI, it's generally not worth the cash and in a couple years, two 8800GT's won't beat the top card of that day so it's just going to be a waste. You'll probably have to upgrade in a similar amount of time. If you just want it for the novelty factor, go for it.
Okay, what do you recommend? I'll be gaminging. That's what this new one will be. Anyone else please give me feedback too.

For now? This. If you want to wait until the 9800GT's come out in full swoop, you'll be spending more but the performance should be substantially better. The card I linked should hold you off for at least a year or two.

I wonder if the 9800's will be that great. I hope so, and am sure they will be, but I wonder if they will be as good as the 8800GTS in their bang for the buck.

Also, the 8800 he linked to should be perfect. I can't say what you should do in the end, because I don't know how the 9000 series will perform in game, but I think you'd be better off getting the 8800GT, then *maybe* later getting a 9800. If not, just hold onto the 8800 until the next gen cards come out.

They've already benched the 9600GT's and they damn near keep up with the 8800GT. I'm sure if the 9800GT's have the same performance ratio difference as the 8800GT and 8600GT they'll be pretty impressive :D.

mopar man said:
Yes, then I'd definately go with the 9800GT.

Also, you know you spelled gaming gamining, right? ;)

You know you spelled definitely "definately" right? ;)

The 9800GT hasn't been released yet as far as I'm aware (just so you know UPSer9110).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back