CPU not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have recently bought more ram for my computer and a new hard drive. Last night i put in the ram in, and everything worked okay. This morning i put it my new hard drive but nothing started when i turned the power back on. I disconnected the new hard drive (so it was back to its original state before new hard drive went in) and still nothing happened. The power is getting to the motherboard as the power light on it lights up, however, the fan does not start nor do any other drives. Any ideas on what could have caused the problem? I have checked all leads and everything seems to be in order.

Thanks Belinda

PS i have a A7N8X Delux ASUS motherboard and 2700 512mb ram

Welcome to TechSpot
After earthing yourself properly, reseat your memory stick(s) and all PCI- and AGP-cards.
Check that the red line on the outside of your HDs flat cable corresponds with position 1 on the new harddisk.
Check the jumper-settings on both the old and the new HD.
If the old HD has no jumper, it will now need one (set to master) if the second HD (set to slave) is attached to the same IDE flat cable.
If the second HD is on its own on the secondary IDE-cable, set it to master.

Welcome to TechSpot Forums

Maybe you accidentally loosened some cables / components while putting the new hard disk drive in?

it's possible that your new hdd has blown your psu. if it's not up to the job or it's a faulty hdd. i'd try another psu (without the hdd attached)

Worked fine with new ram but when you connected the new HD it stopped? How did you connect the new HD? Slave to the master or as a new master or on the second IDE? I would undo all of it. Make sure the vid card is in good. and pull the others. Make sure your PS is still hooked up right. It acts like the board is grounding but is probably just one of those connections. Vid card, ram. PS. or other card conflicting. The a7n8x has a vid card light. Is it lighting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back