CPU Should be running circles around my old one!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm well yeah, im not gonna say any buisness names but They Suck!!
I recently burnt out my old PC MoBo and CPU It was a PCchips mobo socket A, and a AMD duron 1.8 so i thought for the last 2 years till i was told diff 1.3 but anyway i use to play all my games on the old one such as,,
Oblivion and first expantion
BF2 and Spec. F.
BF2142
BFME 1 and 2
MedievalII total war
Age of Empires III
And you name it pretty much and they all ran Great!!!
now with this new system WinFast K7S 741GXMG Socket A , AMD sempron 2600+ 1.8 768 Ram Geforce 7600GT it should be running circles by the way the only thing new in this system is the Mobo and CPU, i reformated my sys when i got it all installed as usual and got it all up to date and pretty much where i had it befor, i installed Oblivion and start to play it and it Lags and Runs LIKE PooP, i ran a benchmark tool to test it out to see why its not working right and well when it getts to the CPU test it does exactly what it does with Oblivion and has that wierd look of funny triangles and Lags out, What is going on, this system should not be running like this???? HELP plzzz

Did someone at that store-that-shall-not-be-named tell you Sempron 2600+ is that much faster than a 1.8 GHz Duron?

Sempron 2600+ runs at 1.6 GHz and has 128 kB L2 cache.

The Duron runs at 1.8 GHz and has 64 kB L2 cache.

Sempron 3300+ for Socket A is pretty much the fastest for that socket (without overclocking), with 2.2 GHz speed and 512 kB L2 cache, but I'm not sure if even that would run circles around the Duron.

I dont know they just said that, but the druon i had was a cheap 1.3 i came to find out, and ran awsome with my old mobo wich was realy cheap , i actualy spent sum money on this new Mobo and Cpu , but guess i shouldent have, just sucks that you think you are getting and are being told that you are getting sumthing a lil better and it ends up Not better it runs like Poop, im about ready to give up and smash the Pc up against a wall. lmao

oh yea this 2600+ sempron runs at 1.8 at 166mhz Max if i go just a lil higher it Crashes but i dont wanna up it i should not have too, beings my 1.3 duron ran Way better befor i smoked it , its nuts people tell me i should not be running my games on ULTRA high when i was and they ran Great i dont know sumkinda freak accident or what, since i did it befor i should be able to do it now, RIGHT?

I am guessing here, but heat (as in cpu too hot) or a psu (as in not enough 3 or 5 volt current) issue come to mind.

Blakhart said:
I am guessing here, but heat (as in cpu too hot) or a psu (as in not enough 3 or 5 volt current) issue come to mind.

well heat is realy no issue, but as far as the current i have no idea if you can explain a lil better what it should be i have a tool where i can look at that and change it if need be but let me know what it should be at or what i need.. thx

You can't change how much current your psu sources after it has been made, you can only replace it with one that passes more. I would look in the mother board maker's site and see what they recommend as to psu wattage and volts/current. I would also see what is recommended by the grafix card maker, and the cpu psu wattage and current recommendation as well. Then purchase accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back