Cpu suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

transviruses

Hi all
My cpu recently got screwed up for some reason, so now im thinking about buying a new cpu. My mobo supports AMD socket 754 Athlon 64/ Sempron. the broken one i have now is a AMD 64 athlon 3200+ ~2.8 Ghz. I use my pc usually on gaming so whats decent AMD processor for gaming? or should i go for duo core?
thx

Is this a trick question? ;)

For gaming, the answer is yes, you should go for core 2 duo. But of course this is all a question of budget, as you would have to upgrade your motherboard, ram and most likely PSU as well in the process.

Are you interested in putting together a new system, or are you simply wanting to upgrade your CPU in your current system?

The Asus site seems to be down right now, so I can't confirm the max CPU your board will handle.

no not at this moment, and yes i just want to upgrade my cpu.
i think im gonna have to go with a single core AMD cpu.

Just checked Asus' Japan site, and your motherboard supports a maximum of the 3700 (socket 754). The trouble will be in finding one.... ebay?

yea thx i will be doing some research on it.
hmm i dunno if i can trust ebay when it somes to buying computer parts

If you look on Newegg the best Athlon for the 754 is a 3000+ and I looked around a bit at other sites and couldn't find one, so I think you may be stuck with Ebay.

Yes, Just buy from Ebay with PayPal so if it ever gets messed up or DoA ( dead on arrival ) then you could always get money back ;)

paypal is not a guarantee you'll get your money back. In fact, more often than not, paypal sides with sellers. Only buying with a credit card ensures you'll get your money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back