Cpu temp extremely high.. need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i got this computer less than a year ago, and i stumbled across temp reading all over and read that everything under 70C is fine, so i went ahead and tested mine using both speedfan and motherboard monitor.
The results i got were the same for both:

temp1:114C
temp2:128C
temp3:27C
HDD:40C

i first used mbm and thaught maybe something was wrong... but then i tried speedfan and had the same results.

computer i have:
hp pav a645
p4 2.8ghz

thanks for anyone's help

Make sure your computer fan is working and isn't clogged with dust. Also check your heat sync inside your computer to see if it's covered in dust. If you see any dust inside your computer remove it, it's heats best friend. Also, make sure your comp is in a well ventilated space.

My guess is that the temps are wrong. At first mbm was wrong for my mobo. It was saying like 200C for the cpu temp and -170C for the aux temp. It was majorly messed up. I just tried all the sensors in the "temperatures" box until I got ones that seem reasonable. I then figured out which was the cpu by putting it under load and seeing which temp increased.

thanks... yeah i checked the temp in the bios- never knew that such things were loacted in that as well- and it was 48C..so i guess that is ok.

thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back