CPU Temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

olefarte

After playing SOF II for about 30 min. I checked my CPU temp on SiSoft Sandra and it show 122F degrees, 30 seconds later it was down to 113F. Is this OK. Whats normal. When not doing something so intense like surfing the net, it's around 98.6.

What processor do you have? It looks like its a fairly big jump then when playing games but by looking at those temps I wouldn't be concerned. My processor runs at 118F when doing non intensive stuff, but only jumps 12F when I play something intensive.

122F is only around 50C which is well within acceptable parameters.

98.6F is approx. 37C which is quite good IMO.

I've got a Gateway 700XL, P4 3.06. Strictly stock, off the shelf, no extra cooling.

Sounds like I'm OK though. Thanks for your help guys.

It should be O.K for a brand new 3.06Ghz Pentium 4 to give out those kind of temps. My 1.3Ghz Durons' temp is around 103 F s yours should be O.K. If games lock up that means theres something wrong with the temp. This shouldn't be the case though, since you processor can last about about 125+ temps without any additional cooling. Hope this helps!

Yeah those temps are pretty good. You don't have much to worry about if the maximum you've ever gotten is 50C. I would think it would be lower, but that's really nothing to be worried about. Eh I remember the days when I was idling at 50C...but my BIOS was also incorrectly reporting the temperature...by exactly 20C. I now idle at 30C and load is around 34-38C I believe.

Considering your CPU is 3.06GHz, I'm not at all surprised. Especially with stock cooling. If you do want lower temps though, just get a new heatsink. I'm not really familiar with P4 heatsinks but I could probably find you something if you wanted. I'm sure you could spend ~$40 on a heatsink, especially since you have a $10k+ home theater setup and, well, a 3GHz P4 which is like $700... ;)

I concurr.. Those are fairly good temps for a recent sysytem. It really helps if you give us what kind of processor you have.

For example - If you have a Pentium III, those temps might not be so good. But for 1GHz+ computer, they are decent.

The difference between 122F and 113F is very little.. Only about 5*C or so. This is actually quite decent.

Thanks again for you help and all the research. Looks like I'm OK, but living on the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back