CPU Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

G'day all.I am planning to upgrade my cpu from pentium4 2.93Ghz 533FSB to INTEL pentium 4 531 3.0GhZ 800 FSB EMT64 HTT. However, i am unsure if it will work perfectly with ma existing computer. i juz don't want to reformat my computer after installing the new cpu or having a blue screen or having the system detecting ma speed as 533FSB and not 800FSB. heres the details for ma rig

-Intel MicroATX MOBO 915g(supports LGA775 800fsb and p4 ht technology up to 3.4 Ghz)
-INTEL PENTIUM 4 PRESCOTT 533FSB 2.93 GHZ LGA775
-2 * Corsair Value Ram PC3200 400 MHZ 512 MB - CAS 2.5(2.5-3-3-8)
-Xpertvision GeForce 6600GT 256 MB Pci-e
-Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value

==========================================================

i have had bad experience in the past where i lost everything on ma computer after i install a new cpu. since i never backup any of ma data, i just want to make sure that i dun have to bite the bullet twice.

any help will be appreciated

cheers everyone

I think you will have to reformat after everything is installed because I just upgraded and none of my games would start up so I ask what to do and someone said I should reformat I haven't tried it yet because I can't find my xp cd. But my computers runs seems to run everything else fine. I don't have internet on that one so i don't know if the internet will work or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back