Cpu usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizwold

All of a sudden all testing programs report that I am experiencing 100% cpu usage. I have searched with all my might,tried trial & error & prayed a little but I cannot locate the cause of this problem. Any ideas boys & girls?:confused:

If you open your task manager to the processes tab which one(s) does it say are taking lots of time?

Nope, no cpuidle installed. The programs I have tested with are PCPitstop; Freeram Pro; Fixit Utilities Sys Monitor; & Windows 98se own system monitors to name a few. There are some wildcats that I've forgotten the names of. I have absolutely no idea where to find the task manager that you speak of LNCPapa. I've also run my Norton antivirus repeatedly along with my SpyBlaster & SpyAssassin. I know I'm kinda dense but what am I missing?

Oh, okay Young & Wild. I know about that process but I didn't know that it was called "task manager". It tells me what programs it knows of that are running but not how much cpu usage they are producing. I have turned these off one by one but still get the 100% usage report. Thanks for the tip anyway!

If you're running Win98 then you won't get a process manager from Task Manager. To be honest with you there's not much I remember about Win98. :(

D/L and run this shareware program (with a free trial period)
Super System Helper 1.00

http://www.soft32.com/download_75683.html

Super System Helper Review
The perfect complement to firewalls and anti-virus software.Super System Helper displays detailed information about all running processes. For each process, it improves on Windows Task Manager, providing file path, Priority, Threads, MEM usage,property,all used dlls and opened windows,you can also Terminate or block it.

System Requirements: 233 Mhz, 32 MB RAM - Microsoft operating system: Windows 9x/ME/NT 3.x/NT/XP/2000/2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back