CPU won't boot, fans stop & go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just put my system together.
4600+ Dual, Abit AN832X, 500W Power supply.

The first time I started it up, the fans spun for about half a second, stopped for a second, spun again for another half a second, and so on 3 times, and then the system started up.

After shutting down a couple minutes later, I tried starting it up again, and the fans just keep going in the stop & go loop described above.

I tried disconnecting the CD-R and the Hard Drive, and start again, and it started up. So I figured it was a power supply problem, and power supply wasn't strong enough or something, and decided to reconnect the CD-R and the Hard Drive 1 at a time, to see whether it could handle that.

Same spinning loop. So I disconnected both again, disconnected a bunch of other stuff, and nothing seems to fix it.

Perhaps when I was disconnecting the 2, I shifted the mobo or something. So I tried doing just that, made sure nothing is grounding it, checked the little stands that attach it to the case, etc. Everything looks fine.

Any ideas?

sounds like a mobo or psu problem

what make and model is the power supply, and what are its watt ratings?

@-Power.
Model # ADW-50063.

Basically came with my Mwave.com-brand case. :\

I don't think it's a mobo problem, because when I ordered it, I paid them to put the CPU on the mobo (the 4600+ I heard is a bit hard to get the heatsink/fan on, so I figured let 'em do it) & test it. Test came out fine they said.

Not quite sure what you mean by Watt ratings, dunno much 'bout power supplies, which #'s are ya lookin' for?

Sounds like a faulty power supply.

Buy another one and see if you have the same problem, then return the other one to mwave.

I love mwave

stay away from generic supplies like the one you said. i reccomend you replace it with an antec smartpower 500w, which uses modular cabling and can be had for $70 USD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back