CPU Wont Turn On

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD 3400 lan party msi motherboard,

Ok. I was going to put a fresh copy of windows on a sata drive i already had in the system. It was set as slave so i switched it to master and tried to turn the machine back on. Will not turn backon! I have no safety switches in the chasis. i have checked all connections, tried turning the power on from the motherboard, and checked voltages to the motherboard. If you are familar with the voltgages is all i am gettin are 2 pins at plus 5 volts to the motherboard. Is that correct? this sucks do not want to spend any cash is there something i am missing. Anyones thoughts or comments are very much appriciated.

rusty russ said:
AMD 3400 lan party msi motherboard,

Ok. I was going to put a fresh copy of windows on a sata drive i already had in the system. It was set as slave so i switched it to master and tried to turn the machine back on. Will not turn backon! I have no safety switches in the chasis. i have checked all connections, tried turning the power on from the motherboard, and checked voltages to the motherboard. If you are familar with the voltgages is all i am gettin are 2 pins at plus 5 volts to the motherboard. Is that correct? this sucks do not want to spend any cash is there something i am missing. Anyones thoughts or comments are very much appriciated.
?? I thought SATA drives didn't have slave/master settings?

I have a 500 watt allied power supply. Update i got the fans to come on but no display on the monitor. Didnt really do anything to the computer the fans just came on after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back