Crappy Computer club

techjohn

All of you guys who have crappy computers, join me in humiliating yourself by reciting your tale of woe:

i have a :

Pentium ( 333 mhz )
256 mb RAM
Matrox G100 ( 8mb of RAM)
Yamaha sound card
Some mobo....
:rolleyes:

Are these computers that we actually use, our main ones? Or just that we own? Cuz I recently got hooked up with an Amiga @ a garage sale :rolleyes:

I have an old Compaq Presario 9240 laying around... that is a Pentium 133mhz (upgraded to K6 200 MMX), 56mb FP-RAM, 1mb Trident video (upgraded to Verite 2100 8mb 3D card), an ancient old PD-CD drive and 19.2kbps modem (or was it 28.8?).... anyway ;)

Amiga at a garage sale?

Don't feel bad about getting an AMIGA at a garage sale. I bought mine way back when at full retail - approx. an amount that would buy a mainframe nowadays!
(':grinthumb')

I remember my parents buying an Amiga with a printer and monitor and spending in excess of £1000!

Just had a thought I could email you the contents of the floppies for some games... God... I remember playing Monkey Island 3 and its 13 disks... the days before hard disks were common place.

I have an Atari 800 with 48k Memory (expanded!).

Have the guts of a celeron 433 sitting around too.

Sold a P133 machine not that long ago...

To write this I'm using a P2 300, Asus P2L97, 64 mb ram (my god, I thought I'd added more...), SiS 6236, no sound....

*EDIT: Added 64mb of RAM, which speeded up the system a bit :)

Granted, this is mostly used for word, email, inet and downloading, but still...

Guess I'll have to stick in some more RAM soon...

@home I'm a bit more up to date, but there are not net there...

Well, i actually use my comp (333 mhz) for playing TFC. So, anyone can have old comps in their attic, but me and Garibaldi actually use these relics. Feel freeto laugh at us.

I use my main desktop for my average everyday use. Lately it has been my TV as I have an Ati AIW, and watch CNN most of the day while I am studying :rolleyes:

Gaming, email, net, messaging, etc. Basic stuff

My laptop I use for inet, and on the go problems (as usual)

And I have another crappy desktop that is 400mhz, 128mb RAM, 4GB hd, that has red hat on it, and I use it as a server for IRC and possibly looking into making a web server on it, or something better.

I have a PII 300 with 192 of RAM and a 4 Meg ATI Rage Pro in it that I actually use. I think I'll move some RAM into it from my old Mac G3 266 - that thing has 480 Meg of RAM and only runs SETI.

LNCPapa

Err Papa - are the memory buses the same??? SDRAM??? I heard those Mac hooligans used somefin' else.

Veh - They used to use different RAM I believe, but they haven't for several years now if I'm thinking correctly.

I have you all beat I have an Altair in my closet that needs some work as well as a C-64 that I use from time to time and a Tandy 1000 that my son plays some old games on. I could keep going with all the crap I have here but a few of you already know of my Computer "Graveyard" and all the spare parts and rigged up machines I have lying around most of which I actually use from time to time.

I fired up my C64 not all that long ago. Have a few perpherials for it too: 5 1/4 floppy, tape drive that uses cassette tapes, printer, and a couple joysticks for playing games.
Until last year my dad still did work on his Macintosh SE/30 computer. 16Mhz Processor 5 megs of RAM (initially 1 but we upgraded). I think it was one of the first if not the first model of Macintosh computers that could read HD floppies.

Well I have some older machines as well - but those aren't actually in use anymore.

LNCPapa

Back