Crash and reboot with only this one game (warcraft) every time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello people,

I'm new here. I have a Dell Inspiron XPS Gen 2 laptop designed for gamins, with a Nvidia GeForce Go 6800 Ultra with 256 mb RAM, a Centrino 2.13 GHz CPU, and 1 Gb or RAM. All of my games run like a charm, and they are all very recent and GPU intensive. Problem is, I recently decided to play World of Warcraft, which is quite older than all those games, and it crashes*every time*. As a matter of fact, the computer reboots just like that, after 5 to 20 minutes of gameplay. I have contacted BLizzard, Dell, and Nvidia, and so far no one knows what it is about (or are not caring that much, like Dell).

I read a lot of tech support forums from Blizzard, and people seem to have issues with routers, firewalls, ethernet cards, RAM, and GPU... While I'm not convinced that it's the internet/router that is the problem (since I have another, cheaper computer that works completely fine with the game, but I don't want to use it since it's very slow), I can't say that I know for sure that it's/it's not the video card or the RAM. By the way, I have the latest drivers for everything I can think of.

Blizzard suggested that I disable the restart mode for crashes, but it's not even enabled! So I can't even get an error message...

Also worth noting, my laptop has also been experiencing quite a few BSOD saying bad pool header, but only when a cd or dvd has been inserted from time to time (say, a bit randomly). Is this a sign or RAM problem? If it is, I don't think I can change it that easily, since it's a laptop...

Anyways, I'm desperately trying to make sense of how the most expensive laptop on the market (well, it was 6 months ago) can be so faulty, or wonder if it's not World of Warcraft's fault...

Included here is one of those infamous minidumps, which I can't figure out... It was created after a cd crash, not after World of Warcraft, since apparently Warcraft does not generate a minidump at all... But perhaps the dump file will be helpfull anyways.

Thank you people for your time and attention

Sylvain

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Unfortunately I can`t read your minidump because it`s corrupt.

This may be a sign of faulty ram.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 minidumps together, and attach them here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back